This book takes a comprehensive look at how our ‘real world’ parenting helps determine the experiences our kids have in using technology and the online world.
I love that this book focuses on understanding things from the perspective of our children and what it means to grow up in a digital world. My own beliefs at looking at the world through the eyes of the child, and looking at the bigger picture forms the basis of this book.
It covers so many questions and concerns that I know parents are faced with every day, and gives you real insight and strategies to help make things better. To help keep the connections with your children strong so that you can better lead them to not only be safe and responsible, but to make good decisions both now and in the future.
Some of the topics covered in the book are:
- Why parents must keep up when their kids know so much
- How to get kids off games and devices without a fight
- How to know what apps are appropriate for your child
- How the social and emotional changes of adolescents effect the experiences they have online
- Issues such as over sharing, privacy, digital footprints, exposure to inappropriate material, time wasting and obsession, using technology as punishment or not, issues of trust and monitoring and so much more
This book is a must for parents with children of all ages. Whether your child is a toddler just starting to pick up your phone and play some games or a teenager in the midst of struggling to keep a balance between their devices and their real life experiences, you will certainly benefit from this fabulous resource.
I am giving- away three copies of this e-book, all you have to do is leave a comment, with what you believe is one positive aspect of children being immersed into the digital world and one negative aspect of children navigating the digital world.
The three winners will be chosen on Sunday 31st May 2015 by 9m
To buy this ebook, click here, or head to The Modern Parent to find out more.